HP LaserJet 1018 :  foo2zjs - foo2hp - foo2xqx - foo2lava - foo2qpdl - foo2oak
Support for linux printer drivers
The fastest message board... ever.

manual duplex controls [Windows]
Posted by: dleigh ()
Date: October 17, 2010 03:50PM

Thank you for foo2zjs. On my Win 7 x64 box, working with this printer connected directly was a living hell! Once I got a cheap box running headless ubuntu+cups+samba+foo2zjs (some steep learning curves here and there), this thing just works!

For manual duplex printing from Windows using Word 2007, Word sends one page and then prompts you and sends the next. Works great. But with Publisher 2007, it sends one page and then seems to immediately send the next. There is no screen prompt, but the printer status light blinks orange. I lift the lid and put it back down (the only actuator that exists on the 1018) and it pretends like it wants to print (noises, etc.) and then doesn't (light still blinks). If I then send a test page, the missing page prints and then the test page. So, it seems that there is something missing in how that 2nd/backside page gets sent that doesn't quite agree with the printer. Sending the test page "pushes" it out though. Cups doesn't see the job anymore...which I guess means that it's already been spooled to the printer itself.

My question is: is there any kind of tweaking that I can do (parameters, etc.) in foo2zjs that would add that "missing thing" that the printer needs to spit out that 2nd/backside page?

The whole foomatic/cups, etc. system is pretty greek to me so this may be a totally stupid question, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2010 04:18PM by rickrich.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: manual duplex controls [Windows]
Posted by: rickrich ()
Date: October 17, 2010 04:20PM

No idea.

Windows SUCKS. Use a real OS, like Fedora.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.