Cross-compile?
Posted by: doseas ()
Date: October 21, 2009 09:52PM

Is it possible to cross-compile foo2zjs? I need to install it on a Sparc-based embedded system that doesn't have the resources needed for compiling. I have an x86 development system available with a cross-compiler for the Sparc target.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-David

Re: Cross-compile?
Posted by: MassaPash ()
Date: May 31, 2014 02:05PM

Also want to cross-compile it to MIPS (OpenWRT). Tried to change some variables in Makefile to use toolchain...

Posted by: arastoo ()
Date: November 05, 2016 05:30AM

hi every body. I'm developing a rootfs using buildroot project. now I want to add HP 1102 printer but hplip dose not work properly and gets "filer error". so I decide to use foo2zjs and cross compile it for my project. So I use the below command to do that.
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/buildroot/output/host/usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-

note that /buildroot/output/host/usr/bin is path for buildroot's toolchain, somebody for Ubuntu may use sudo apt-get install gcc-4.7-arm-linux-gnueabihf command to install such a toolchain and edit above command like below ...
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-

any how, using above command makes foo2zjs without any problem. but when I want to install foo2zjs the problem occurs! I use the below command ..

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/home/amvaj/Changani/buildroot/output/host/usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf- install DESTDIR=ajr
where "ajr" is an empty folder that installation files would be copied! (and i decide to copy the files to the rootfs with the same hierarchy!)
but i get an error:
/foo2zjs/ajr/filter/' is not a directory: No such file or directory

Posted by: arastoo ()
Date: November 05, 2016 07:10AM

ok, it seams that it's done!
we should edit Makefile! find the bellow line in the Makefile and remove it.

ln -sf $(BIN)/command2foo2lava-pjl $(CUPS_SERVERBIN)/filter/; \

now add bellow lines instead of that!

mkdir -p $(DESTDIR)$(CUPS_SERVERBIN)/filter/; \
ln -sf /usr/bin/command2foo2lava-pjl $(DESTDIR)$(CUPS_SERVERBIN)/filter/; \

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.