Oki C301dn, C310dn :  foo2zjs - foo2hp - foo2xqx - foo2lava - foo2qpdl - foo2oak
Support for linux printer drivers
The fastest message board... ever.

Print job completed instantly on Fedora 31 [solved]
Posted by: mwich ()
Date: March 08, 2020 02:58PM

Hi,

after building and installing the latest tarball from your website and configuring the printer using the CUPS webinterface, everytime I start a print job it get's completed instantly.
The printer is a C301dn and I tried all three supported protocols (JetDirect, IPP, LPR) but I don't think this matters, because after starting a print job, it get's completed without any printer communication (other than SNMP) appearing in my wireshark interface capture. So it seems to fail earlier.

As soon as I change the printer driver to something else/unsupported like one of the Generic drivers or IPP Everywhere, CUPS does contact the printer correctly but then, of course, the printer displays "Invalid data".

I then tried to do a manual print of your testpage.ps and this works perfectly:
$ foo2hiperc-wrapper -c testpage.ps > xxx.prn
$ ls -l xxx.prn
-rw-rw-r-- 1 marcus marcus 15977310 8. Mär 19:16 xxx.prn
$ nc 192.168.2.1 9100 < xxx.prn

But
$ lpr testpage.ps
does nothing and a notification appears, that tells me that the print job had finished.

My Ghostscript version is 9.27 (the one delivered with Fedora 31). You've writtin in the INSTALL file, that 9.22, 0.23 and 9.24 are somehow broken? Is the same true for 9.27? Should I try a downgrade and, if yes, how?

Thank you very much!
Marcus

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2020 03:19PM by rickrich.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Print job completed instantly on Fedora 31
Posted by: rickrich ()
Date: March 08, 2020 03:19PM

Re: Print job completed instantly on Fedora 31
Posted by: mwich ()
Date: March 08, 2020 07:07PM

Thank you very much for pointing me to this.

I downgraded to cups-filters-1.22.5-4.fc31.x86_64 and everything works perfectly again!

I'll wait for 1.27.2 to be added to the stable repos and update then.
The current status can be checked here: https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/cups-filters

Thanks again for you help!
Marcus

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.