HP LaserJet 1022 / 1022n / 1022nw :  foo2zjs - foo2hp - foo2xqx - foo2lava - foo2qpdl - foo2oak
Support for linux printer drivers
The fastest message board... ever.

Copies on my HP laserjet 1022
Posted by: borisoff22 ()
Date: September 16, 2008 03:16AM

Rick, I want to point out that when you enter the number of copies you want in the box next to the collate checkbox, no matter how many copies you specify, you only get one on my printer. However, you can easily find "printer features" and where you specify resolution, etc. there is a box called "copies". This one works!!!!!! I am pleased as punch
happy customer

borisoff22

PS It is important that I found out that the foo2 driver works perfectly because Apple just supposedly fixed the drivers for HP but still the queue is disfunctional. This is the problem on many HP printers running on Leopard and the Foo2 driver doesnt have the problem.

Also, the Gutenprint driver works with 600 dpi only and after printing each page, the driver turns off the motor of the printer for half a second. It drives me nuts because I don't like the lack of smoothness and don't want to wear out my motor.

This is why The Foo2 driver is the very best and I am glad that I discovered how to get more copies.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Copies on my HP laserjet 1022
Posted by: borisoff22 ()
Date: September 17, 2008 11:56AM

Rick,
Could you explain to me why on the Imac using Leopard the copies function doesn't work when entered in the box next to collate, but does work under printer features in the same box next to Print Quality? Is that button just dysfunctional in some printers? I can put 9 copies in the box next to the collage checkbox but only one will always print. The other copies button under Printer features works just fine. Why? Just curious.
Borisoff22

Re: Copies on my HP laserjet 1022
Posted by: rickrich ()
Date: September 17, 2008 02:04PM

Looks good to me on Fedora 9...

Printed two copies. Probably something wrong with CUPS on OS X.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.