HP LaserJet 1022 / 1022n / 1022nw :  foo2zjs - foo2hp - foo2xqx - foo2lava - foo2qpdl - foo2oak
Support for linux printer drivers
The fastest message board... ever.

How do I lighten a monochrome picture in Safari. No control.
Posted by: borisoff22 ()
Date: July 17, 2008 12:06PM

I paid for the driver. I have an HP 1022 running on Leopard 10.5.4. Your driver allows me to use the queue on my IMAC which HP's driver has a bug and won't queue properly running under Leopard.

First, when I use the terminal, it asks for administrator password but the prompt accepts no input. I assume that this terminal is not for Macs? What other software on the net could I need?

More importantly, in your driver, in Safari, color pictures come out in monochrome as they should be but they are a little too dark for my tastes. How do I lighten the default print density to be more like the buggy HP driver? There is no setting under a "print options" tab to darken or lighten the printout under Safari. If there is a picture of a girl in color, when printed out the background and face of the girl are not as bright as when done with the buggy HP driver.

If one needs to enter a "script" to compile every times one prints, then it is way over my head and must live with the darker image. If it is a one time fix, please explain the procedure simply, especially if I have to use that terminal.
Thank you
Stephen

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How do I lighten a monochrome picture in Safari. No control.
Posted by: rickrich ()
Date: July 17, 2008 12:31PM

No control of print density.

Re: How do I lighten a monochrome picture in Safari. No control.
Posted by: borisoff22 ()
Date: September 17, 2008 11:50AM

Rick,
I found a workaround or compensation that I wanted for the monochrome lightening effect on the HP 1022. What I do is I print a photo out using the highest resolution 1200 x 600 but I choose draft mode instead of normal. I made a preset of this called "FastRes 1200. The color picture comes out sharp but there is less darkness.
Stephen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.