Samsung CLP-310, CLP-315 :  foo2zjs - foo2hp - foo2xqx - foo2lava - foo2qpdl - foo2oak
Support for linux printer drivers
The fastest message board... ever.

Ubuntu 11.10 Samsung clp 315 [don't work on W7, too]
Posted by: ddx ()
Date: October 20, 2011 11:39AM

Hallo to all,
I am just wondering what I am doing wrong in this procedure. First I have unsistalled all drivers that I have. Secondly I have compiled without errors the driver from source as described. And finally when I use "sudo system-config-printer" there is option to use default priter on usb connection that is 310 (I have clp 315) and then it asks for drivers. When I choose to use from PPD I navigate to /usr/share/PPD/foo2zjs and choose my model. But when I try to print at options I only have one choice manual feed. This PPD file is about 5 KB in size. I tried also to use directly from /Downloads/foo2zjs in that case I can configure printer but the main problem persists. It dont allow me to print if I do not mannualy turn off and then turn on printer. Cable unplug doesnt work at me anymore. ???

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2011 07:36AM by rickrich.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ubuntu 11.10 Samsung clp 315
Posted by: rickrich ()
Date: October 20, 2011 05:00PM

On Ubuntu 11.10 it works here. Please clarify.

Works here. Please clarify.

Re: Ubuntu 11.10 Samsung clp 315
Posted by: ddx ()
Date: October 21, 2011 03:27AM

I have to make some more tests because I have realized this morning that the printer doesnt work with my windows 7 anymore. It has the same behaviour as in Linux. It does one page and then stops.

It can be some hardware malfunction. I do not have all catriges full (color) and I have to make tests with black catridge.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.