Samsung CLP-310, CLP-315 :  foo2zjs - foo2hp - foo2xqx - foo2lava - foo2qpdl - foo2oak
Support for linux printer drivers
The fastest message board... ever.

"SPL-C ERROR - Please use the proper driver" [solved]
Posted by: zap ()
Date: October 16, 2009 07:20PM

Hello!

After installing foo2qpdl on Fedora 11 I tried to print on my Samsung CLP-310N printer the CUPS test page. Unfortunately, the printer immediately spits out a sheet with this:

----------------------------------------
SPL-C ERROR - Please use the proper driver

POSITION : 0x0 (0)

SYSTEM : src/xl_image

LINE : 606

VERSION : SPL-C 5.35 11-20-2007
----------------------------------------

Creating a .prn file with foo2qpdl-wrapper -z2 and copying it to the printer in raw mode works fine.

I will try to debug the problem, but first I must understand what's the source of this error? Ghostscript? foomatic? The printer? What is "line 606" and where I can see it?

Also for some reason in CUPS printer driver selection menu I see two instances of "Samsung CLP-300 Foomatic/foo2qpdl(en)" and same for 310 and 315. However, for other models the two entries differ, one being "/Postscript" and other "/pxlcolor". Not sure if this is a error in the .xml or .ppd file and if it matters at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2011 11:24AM by rickrich.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "SPL-C ERROR - Please use the proper driver"
Posted by: rickrich ()
Date: October 16, 2009 08:03PM

You should use CLP-310/CLP-315, *NOT* CLP.300!!!!

Posted by: rickrich ()
Date: October 16, 2009 08:09PM

Posted by: zap ()
Date: October 17, 2009 01:31PM

Ah, that's it! I've read that CLP-310N is almost identical to CLP-315 (plus the network support), but couldn't even think it's too different from CLP-310 :) After changing the driver to CLP-315 it started printing fine. Thank you for help and btw thanks for your excellent driver :)

Don't you know why some drivers are listed twice in the list below? Not that it matters much, but I'm wondering...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.