Samsung CLP-310, CLP-315 :  foo2zjs - foo2hp - foo2xqx - foo2lava - foo2qpdl - foo2oak
Support for linux printer drivers
The fastest message board... ever.

Samsung CLP-315
Posted by: Pa Blum ()
Date: September 12, 2009 05:36AM

What the hey? I get no CLP's from searching here. I hope I'm in the right place!

Anyhoo, I've loaded drivers every which way, including just now the rkkda method, and I keep just getting the same old Samsung CLP-310 and -315 drivers. With these, the infamous "dark colors" problem is pretty well fixed (BLUE still looks a little dark) but I'm getting a strange situation where the Ubuntu test page shows both the GRAYSCALE and the BLACK strips contaminated with red(?) so the outcome is tans and browns instead of grays and light blacks. This shows up in printed graphics too, e.g., black locomotives are brown, and all graphics look like someone pushed the SEPIA button!

Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Samsung CLP-315
Date: September 12, 2009 05:43AM

Oooops! I forgot to mention that the CLP-315's own test prints are okay, blacks and all. Furthermore, from the computer, in MONOCHROME, the same strips in the Ubuntu test page contain proper grays. I.e., not a hardware problem.

pb

Posted by: rickrich ()
Date: September 12, 2009 06:06AM

Please read in the INSTALL file:
CUSTOM ICC/ICM COLOR PRINTER PROFILE
------------------------------------

Date: September 12, 2009 07:42AM

Well, gosh, both of those suggested vendors don't seem to be in business anymore. This whole thing is getting really strange! I've tried several times to get things out of that "INSTALL" file but, despite being a retired programmer and used to such things, all I ever get from it is...terror....

Anyway, I don't see how a "custom" profile is the solution. It sounds like putting makeup on a wart instead of getting the wart removed. Furthermore, if my custom profile says "just put black where it should be black", won't the DRIVER still throw in the magenta (or whatever) powder? Isn't there something wrong with the Samsung drivers themselves that needs to be found and fixed?

Tired in Tucson

Date: September 12, 2009 08:40AM

I don't use the "Samsung Drivers".

Date: September 13, 2009 03:28AM

Okay -- thanks anyway.

Date: November 18, 2009 03:49PM

All you have to do is follow the directions on MY site.

system-config-printer on Fedora 10...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2009 04:12PM by rickrich.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.