Samsung CLP-310, CLP-315 :  foo2zjs - foo2hp - foo2xqx - foo2lava - foo2qpdl - foo2oak
Support for linux printer drivers
The fastest message board... ever.

CLP-310 on A4 paper
Posted by: pshunter ()
Date: September 17, 2008 02:09PM

Hello,

I have a CLP-310, which seems to be the same as a CLP-315 (at least it is advertised as such on the printer demo page).

I managed to print with it, but I had much trouble with SPL-C errors :

SPL-C ERROR - Including corrupted Header Data

POSITION : 0x0 (0)

SYSTEM : src/xl_image

LINE : 811

VERSION : SPL-C 5.35 11-20-2007

By messing around with fooqpdl-wrapper, I tracked down that the problem is related to paper size : with letter, it works, with a4, it fails with the previous error.
I didn't try with many other sizes yet but at least with one other it also fails.

I tried to peek in the wrapper and found the paper values seem somewhat inconsistent (foo2qpdl wants 9 for a4, but the wrapper says 2). Changing this didn't help, however.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2008 04:55PM by rickrich.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CLP-310
Posted by: rickrich ()
Date: September 17, 2008 03:04PM

A4 is 2. Did you follow the instructions on my site?

Re: CLP-310
Date: September 17, 2008 03:28PM

Sure, I first followed your directions, but I wasn't successful. I then tried the debian-supplied package but the CLP-315 driver isn't included, and I removed it. I retried by following your instructions two times, and restarted clean with make uninstall, to no avail. Could something bad remain ? Does make uninstall really clean up proper ?

I then tried to execute foo2qpdl-wrapper by hand, just as cups runs it internally, and then fed the printer with the output, which usually led to the previously posted error. Then I removed options one by one and found that when the -p parameter is not provided or set to the default (letter) the printer works without error (except the incorrect page size of course).

I then tried it with openoffice and other apps, and found that printing documents in the letter format works nice. Documents using a4 format (cups tries to use -p2) fail.

Re: CLP-310 on A4 paper
Date: September 18, 2008 03:55AM

If you want me to do particular tests with my printer, it is possible in the evening (GMT+2). I can also send output files from foo2qpdl to you, along with the original postscript files if you need them, especially the ones which generate an error.

Additionnally, we could check if it is my copy of foo2qpdl which has a problem if you can send me a .prn file generated with the -p2 option.

Posted by: rickrich ()
Date: September 18, 2008 06:26AM

From Changelog:
2008-09-18      Rick Richardson <rick.richardson@comcast.net>
        * foo2qpdl: Change unknown value (margin?) based on page size.
Please wget ..., tar ..., make, make install then test.

Date: September 18, 2008 01:38PM

You rock! A4 works fine now!

Thank you very much!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.