Oki C3300n, C3400n, C3530n MFP :  foo2zjs - foo2hp - foo2xqx - foo2lava - foo2qpdl - foo2oak
Support for linux printer drivers
The fastest message board... ever.

Oops, I'm having some trouble printing through LAN
Posted by: tshade ()
Date: February 18, 2008 01:09PM

Hi, all. I'm having some trouble (after all) when printing through LAN. My first impression was awesome, but now I can't just print: printer always seems to be "Idle", even if I remove and reinstall it, and be able to print with Windows. More feedback to come...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oops, I'm having some trouble printing through LAN
Posted by: rickrich ()
Date: February 19, 2008 07:08AM

Do this:

$ foo2hiperc-wrapper testpage.ps > xxx
$ hipercdecode < xxx
[stuff]
$ nc 192.168.1.NNN 9100 < xxx
[printed]

What did that say?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2008 07:10AM by rickrich.

Posted by: RAMChYLD ()
Date: February 25, 2008 10:11AM

Well, I've been printing to LAN (second day with the printer working), and so far all is good.

Did you set the printer as default? I found that certain programs will bypass the print dialog and try to go straight to the default printer, which in that case will be nothing (I found this happens a lot with Flash animations that has print options).

And give the program some time. It is alpha quality and processing the page can take a while. I noticed that it can take close to a minute after I issue the print command before any network activity between the printer and Linux box is visible on my network switch for a single page full color printout, and the switch will relay quite a lot of data, taking up more time, before any printing activity is finally noticeable on the printer.

Lastly, does the distro you're using ship with a foo2zjs package too? Maybe your install is overwritten by a package upgrade. Try reinstalling the foo2zjs that you downloaded from this website and compiled.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2008 10:19AM by RAMChYLD.

Posted by: tshade ()
Date: February 25, 2008 01:19PM

Ok! I'm gonna try in a week, when I have again access to the printer. Thanks!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.