General foo2hiperc :  foo2zjs - foo2hp - foo2xqx - foo2lava - foo2qpdl - foo2oak
Support for linux printer drivers
The fastest message board... ever.

foo2hiperc
Date: March 17, 2008 10:43AM

Hi,

I am working on an account that needs to centralize print managment away from Windows print spoolers and we are having trouble finding a UNIX or batch accessable transformation engine for pdf to HiPerC for the Oki C5500N printer. The foo2hiperc package would do the trick but the extra-ordinary size of the generated color pages is a show stopper.

I downloaded the OKI Windows XP printer driver and generated a print to file using the customers PDF test file. This generated a 333 K file for a single full color page. "foo2hiperc" on the other hand generates a 15,000 K file for the same page.

I am almost sure I know why this is happening given the way the transformations are being set up but that is not particularly usefull.

The real question is, are you or anyone else reading this aware of a method of generating HiPerC on a UNIX platform that can create a reasonable sized payload?

Thanks in advance.

Cloid Green, HP

p.s. Kudos on the integration. Those are some of the best shell scripts I've ever seen. If everyone could write sh like that perl and java might never have been invented.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: foo2hiperc
Posted by: rickrich ()
Date: March 17, 2008 01:19PM

Sorry, the JBIG data does not parse with JBIG-KIT. Thus, uncompressed mode only.

Posted by: grossy ()
Date: March 26, 2008 12:50PM

Great Job, Rick! I have donated a little bit...

Is there a roadmap for the compressed mode?

regards

grossy

Date: March 26, 2008 01:40PM

Contact OKI and complain. I have been working on this for four years.

Posted by: CodeHack3r ()
Date: May 02, 2008 07:08PM

Does the compression affect the amount of printer memory needed? For example, if compression is used can I get away with using the 1200x600 without more printer memory (the C5100n front panel says to add more memory)?
Thanks

Date: May 02, 2008 07:27PM

No.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.