HP LaserJet P1505 / P1505n :  foo2zjs - foo2hp - foo2xqx - foo2lava - foo2qpdl - foo2oak
Support for linux printer drivers
The fastest message board... ever.

Thank you
Posted by: John_Sauter ()
Date: December 19, 2007 06:36AM

I just want to thank the author of this driver for saving my ass.

We are a mixed GNU/Linux and Microsoft Windows shop, so when our office printer broke I asked that the replacement not be a Windows-only printer. I agreed to the HP LaserJet 1505n because HP's description of the printer (http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/pscmisc/vac/us/product_pdfs/3435666.pdf) said that it was supported by GNU/Linux. I didn't find the printer listed by CUPS in Fedora core 6, but I supposed the PPD file would be on the drivers CD.

Imagine my surprise when the drivers CD contained Windows and Mac drivers, but nothing about GNU/Linux, and no PPD file. I tried pretending it was an HP LaserJet Plus, but no joy. I searched the HP web site, but there was no information about how to get the printer working under GNU/Linux. I was about to call HP customer support (which probably wouldn't have helped, they know only what is on the web site) when Google led me to this driver.

I installed the driver on my workstation, and it worked perfectly. I gave the URL to our network guy, who installed it on the office server so anyone can use our nice new printer.

Thank you for saving my ass. I would have looked really bad if the printer I agreed to hadn't worked with most of our PCs.
John Sauter (John_Sauter@systemeyescomputerstore.com)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thank you
Posted by: rickrich ()
Date: December 19, 2007 07:03AM

Great!

1505 PDF
Network operating systems Windows 2000, XP, Certified for Windows Vista?; Mac OS X v10.2.8, v10.3, and v10.4; Linux; and Unix

What a lie!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.