HP LaserJet P1006 / P1008 :  foo2zjs - foo2hp - foo2xqx - foo2lava - foo2qpdl - foo2oak
Support for linux printer drivers
The fastest message board... ever.

Could not print though HP Q6275A print adapter [solved - MS only!]
Posted by: henryx ()
Date: January 15, 2010 03:46PM

Hi,
I need to print from my laptop (Ubuntu 9.10) to the HP Laserject P1006 which is attached to Ethernet LAN with a Q6275A (HP-USB Network Print Adapter).
The printer work through USB connection, but i can't found any configuration to perform a print by LAN.

Any ideas?

Bye

Henryx

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2010 03:55PM by rickrich.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Could not print though print server
Posted by: rickrich ()
Date: January 15, 2010 04:37PM

You must send a firmware file to the printer each time you power it up.

$ lpr -oraw /usr/share/foo2zjs/firmware/sihpP1006.dl

-OR-

$ nc 192.168.X.Y 9100 < /usr/share/foo2zjs/firmware/sihpP1006.dl

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2010 04:48PM by rickrich.

Re: Could not print though print server
Posted by: henryx ()
Date: January 16, 2010 11:53AM

Hi rickrich,
I try your suggestions but I can't print.
Whit the first the job is submitted to the printer, the system notify a warning 'com.apple.print.recoverable' and nothing was printed.
With the second there is a refused connection:
nc 192.168.1.237 9100 < /usr/share/foo2xqx/firmware/sihpP1006.dl
(UNKNOWN) [192.168.1.237] 9100 (?) : Connection refused
Perhaps was the wrong port but I can't found the right port (nmap recognize the os but don't report any open port)

I read a similar problem at launchpad.net:
https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/37601

many thanks anyway

Henryx

Re: Could not print though HP Q6275A print adapter
Posted by: rickrich ()
Date: January 16, 2010 03:54PM

Re: Could not print though HP Q6275A print adapter
Posted by: Compist ()
Date: June 30, 2010 01:14PM

Hey all.

I too experienced this problem, but I have found a kind of work around...
The main reason that we can't connect to the HP USB Network Print Adapter is because we don't have the connection manager which is a windows only program. This program acts like a middle man and functions by taking the ethernet connection to the printer and mimicking a USB connection, so as far as your windows machine is aware, it's printing to a USB port.

This is great for windows users, as it means that no matter what HP printer you have, you can connect to it even when it doesn't support network connections, as both machines believe they are using a USB connection.

However, it's not great news for linux users as no one has programmed a linux alternative to this little app.

Nevertheless, as the windows computers believe they are using a USB connection, all the usual features are still there... including sharing... This means we can print to a windows computer via samba, which will then forward the job to the printer.

This might be a pain as we have to leave a windows machine on in order to print off a linux one, but it's better than nothing.

Compist

Re: Could not print though HP Q6275A print adapter [solved - MS only!]
Posted by: geishaslave ()
Date: August 06, 2010 10:14AM

What about the Mac software and firmware upgrade utility?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ab-60249-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&os=219&product=3368781&sw_lang=

Description: This download provides the basic software/drivers and firmware upgrade to use your HP USB Network Print Adapter with the MAC OS X v10.4, v10.5 Operating System. This download does not include MAC printer software/drivers. Printer specific software can be downloaded from the printer's software/drivers download page.

NOTE: This is a large file, depending on your connection type and speed, it may take many hours to download.

Details and specifications
File name: HP_Print_Server_1.4.4.dmg [1/1, 12.93M]
System requirements: Please make sure that you have a computer with the MAC OS X v10.4, v10.5 Operating System.

For a successful upgrade you need:

•A Computer that is running the MAC OS X v10.4, v10.5 Operating System.
•An HP USB Network Print Adapter.
•A Printer or All-in-One device that is compatible with the HP USB Network Print Adapter.
•A Printer or All-in-One device that is compatible with the MAC OS X Operating System
•HP USB Network Print Adapter MAC upgrade software and upgrade instructions. (Downloaded from HP.com/support)

Released: 2008-05-01
Version: 1.4.4
Compatibility: Mac OS X 10.4, Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X
Fix/Enhancement: •Original Software/Drivers
•Firmware upgrade to enable the HP USB Network Print Adapter to work with the MAC OS X v10.4, v10.5 Operating System
===

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.