Samsung CLP-600 :  foo2zjs - foo2hp - foo2xqx - foo2lava - foo2qpdl - foo2oak
Support for linux printer drivers
The fastest message board... ever.

Damaged image and color falsification
Posted by: Dragonlord ()
Date: June 30, 2007 01:29PM

Reposting the ( edited ) post from the old topic to address the new issue.

Tested some more printouts like the already known image as well as front plate covers we use in our business. The following issues happen:

1) Said image from old topic printed out on 1200x1200:
The image looks okay but has a couple of stripes ( faint paint, lacking coverage ) across the image.

2) Front plate cover ( pdf file ) printed with acroread:
That's an image covering nearly an entire A4 page. This did not work well neither with 1200x1200 nor 1200x600 nor 600x600. There happen twofold errors on the printout.

a) The printout has stripes ( faint paint, lacking coverage ) across the image as in (1). Furthermore close to the printing range the image suddenly stops and the rest of the page ( roughly 1cm ) is covered with alteration of blue and white lines all across the image ( even outside the printable range! ).

b) After a certain amount of the image ( roughly 90% in this case ) one of the colors is suddenly lacking.

Chances are this is an issue with the graphics beyond the printing range not being clipped as it should be. I have to test some more subjects to print to verify if this is a general problem or one with acroread ( for case 2 only ).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Damaged image and color falsification
Posted by: _DT ()
Date: January 20, 2008 05:42PM

Hi,

I also have a CLP-600 with these symptoms. I'm running Ubuntu Gutsy and have installed the foo2qpdl bits from this site.

I've done a little testing on this issue and it seems as if disabling ICM allows the image to render successfully.

With ICM enabled the image is corrupted/miscoloured.

Changing the resolution of the image only serves to aggravate the issues.

My /usr/share/foo2qpdl/icm folder is empty.

The ./getweb script appears to be able to grab an appropriate icm file for the CLP-300, but there doesn't seem to be one for the CLP-600; this leaves me wondering if this is where the root of the problem is - i.e. we're telling the filter to use an ICM file that doesn't exist and therefore gives unpredictable results...

Any thoughts on this would be good...

Posted by: rickrich ()
Date: January 20, 2008 05:57PM

Samsung CLP-600 	Yes 	Yes  	foo2qpdl  	Alpha Quality
                                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You should read and follow the "CUSTOM ICC/ICM COLOR PRINTER PROFILE" section in the INSTALL file. Then send the ICM file(s) to me.

I don't have this printer.

Posted by: _DT ()
Date: January 20, 2008 07:21PM

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the reply - I'll look into contacting one of those two sites that get a mention in the INSTALL file.

I've had limited success using the ICM file that's available for the other Samsung printers, but I am still left with some colour weirdness/banding.

Is it likely that a fixed-up ICM will resolve that issue, or is it possible that there's some weirdness in the driver as well?

Cheers,

Dave.

Posted by: rickrich ()
Date: January 20, 2008 07:54PM

Fixed up ICM will do it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.