Konica Minolta magicolor 2530 DL :  foo2zjs - foo2hp - foo2xqx - foo2lava - foo2qpdl - foo2oak
Support for linux printer drivers
The fastest message board... ever.

2530DL not working with OEM Toner
Posted by: ternitzer ()
Date: August 23, 2007 08:34PM

I have downloaded and installed the printer driver as per instructions. My OS is Ubuntu 7.04.
However, I cannot print. I am using an OEM toner cartridge and under Windows I receive a message where I need to acknowledge that a 'non-genuine' cartridge has been installed. Once I acknowledge then the printer starts to print.
In Ubuntu I don't get that message and under jobs the status message switches from
Printing: job-printing to Paused: job-hold-until-specified.

I suspect that it is waiting for that message to be acknowledged.

Is there any work around for this?
Or a way to verify that this is really what's happening?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2530DL not working with OEM Toner
Posted by: rickrich ()
Date: August 24, 2007 02:28AM

From the User's Guide:

Do not use *refilled* toner cartridges or *unapproved* toner cartridges. Any damage to the printer or quality problems caused by a refilled toner cartridge or unapproved toner cartridge will void your warranty. No technical support is provided to recover from these problems.

NO GENUINE TONER X
The x toner cartridge has been found to be non-genuine.
Install a genuine KONICA MINOLTA toner cartridge of the appropriate type (AM, EU, AP, GC or TW), see Page 69.

Re: 2530DL not working with OEM Toner
Posted by: jerryblack ()
Date: September 20, 2007 02:29AM

in the windows driver disk there are an utility for configure the printer and turn off the message, i have a 1300 and i resolve this problem that way

but i think of course is preferable don't refill toner cartridge

bye

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.