HP Color LaserJet 1600 :  foo2zjs - foo2hp - foo2xqx - foo2lava - foo2qpdl - foo2oak
Support for linux printer drivers
The fastest message board... ever.

correct driver (HP color laserjet 1600 foomatic/foo2hp) not available in driver list [Mac OSX]
Posted by: nicholas ()
Date: May 07, 2010 11:18PM

So my 1600 has been set up and printing fine from my OSX laptop to the shared HP 1600 on my XP machine for six months now.

I want to get rid of the XP machine, so I purchased an airport express to act as the print server. My laptop can see the printer no problem, but when I try to install it (using System Preferences or CUPS), the HP color laserjet 1600 foomatic/foo2hp driver is NOT among the driver choices. The strange thing is that both my current B&W and Color printers set up and working over the XP machine state that this is the driver being used.

To throw a wrench in, I must confess I had a prior version of the foomatic driver installed before adding the updated color version six months ago. I didn't uninstall the prior ones, and they had the same name, but I got everything working anyway as long as I found the correct one of the two. When I set this up six months ago I was forced to guess which driver was the new updated one because they both had the same name. So there used to be two drivers with this name in the list, but now there are none.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2010 04:30AM by rickrich.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: correct driver (HP color laserjet 1600 foomatic/foo2hp) not available in driver list [Mac OSX]
Posted by: rickrich ()
Date: May 08, 2010 08:42AM

Works here, on Linux:

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.