macosx Leopard to PC with HP1600 shared
Posted by: gilad077 ()
Date: June 18, 2009 02:51AM

how? is there a way to use IP printing via the share? please any help or input greatley appreciated

I wanted to be more clear

I have a PC with HP colorjet 1600 shared, can print from all windows machien with
//192.168.0.1/printershare added in printers to client machines, and then it will allow printing to the printer

is there a way to get macosx to print to this shared printer as well ? What part of foo2hp steps do I need to modify to look at network shared printer instead of local usb?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2009 08:46AM by gilad077.

Re: macosx to PC with HP1600 shared
Posted by: rickrich ()
Date: June 18, 2009 05:48AM

Use PostScript on the macosx/windows computers.

Sorry, this is not relevant to foo2hp.

You can get the Adobe Universal PostScript Mac OSX Driver Installer here...
Adobe Mac OSX Driver

You can get the Adobe Universal PostScript Windows Driver Installer here...
Abobe Windows Driver

Re: macosx to PC with HP1600 shared
Date: June 19, 2009 08:45AM

hi, Rick, I have followed your install to install the printer on macosx via Usb and it works great! I would like to say thanks to start.

On the matter at hand, I would like to add some more information as it may be unclear, I am trying on newer INtel based Macosx leopard machines. The drivers posted and on adobe site are only for os 9 and down ppc.

Also the printer is the hp color laserjet 1600, which is a host based printer, which does not run post script drivers. But I just tested the links you have, and yep, they dont work hehe. host based printers cant use the Generic postscript driver as they dont have a cpu, driver installs but will not print to printer, only to files.. I am looking at using some kind of virtual device driver to make printing connect from postscript driver to hp driver, but it is beyond me.

I am thinking I have to install the printer to macosx, using the foo2hp drivers, and then setup some kind of replacement for the usb device library? to use the built in macosx windows networking and sharing somehow to point to //192.168.0.1/share? please any ideas would be appreciated RickRich, I will test all :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2009 08:50AM by gilad077.

Re: macosx Leopard to PC with HP1600 shared
Date: June 19, 2009 09:34AM

Use the Postscript Generic PPD on OSX for remote printing. On Linux, it will be a Postscript printer (see diagram of foo2hp) attached to a USB port.

Again, this is not relevant to foo2hp.

Date: June 19, 2009 09:55AM

Here is an example using HP CLJ CP1215 (Same as HP CLJ 1600) remote printing on linux box "dual". NOTE: "Generic PostScript Printer" is selected.

Date: June 22, 2009 10:54PM

http://foo2hp.rkkda.com/fedora/cp1215.html

ok I am connecting printer to my linux box running ubuntu, what do I select to choose postscript? I follow to install but it uses foo2hp ? I follow this screenshot and it prints from linux box, but I dont know linux very well to share it

Date: June 23, 2009 05:02AM

On ubuntu, Administration -> Printing -> Policies -> Shared
On OSX, Print Using -> Generic PostScript Printer

Posted by: nicholas ()
Date: October 15, 2009 11:29AM

It works great for me, no linux needed, just followed the instructions in the documentation and then connected using SAMBA. It's a network protocol you can access on the CUPS localhost page when you set the spools up. I set the printer sharing on the windows machine to ON. The device URI (SAMBA address) for my printer on the Dell is smb://dell:139/ColorLaser . I'm using OS X Leopard.

The only problem I'm having with the setup is I can't print in black and white even though the spool is set to monochrome.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.