HP LaserJet 1000 :  foo2zjs - foo2hp - foo2xqx - foo2lava - foo2qpdl - foo2oak
Support for linux printer drivers
The fastest message board... ever.

HP 1000 network Raspian and Arch
Posted by: MikeB ()
Date: March 23, 2017 07:12PM

I've successfully installed foo2zjs on my raspberry pi print server. It works fine. I've tested it and set it as shareable. Then I installed foo2zjs on my Arch Linux box. When I get to the part where I'm supposed to create a printer queue, I'm a bit confused. I wasn't sure how. I have avahi working. The printer shows up on avahi-discover. Also if I go into my systems menu I have a manage printing item that opens a local cups administration web page on localhost:631. So that all looks good, but when I go to manage the printer it shows up but also says it's not found. Also the driver isn't foomatic. It's an HP1000 that needs a plugin. I think I just need to point to the PPD file, but I don't know where it is or what the correct name is. Can anyone help? Sorry for being a bit dim. The answer is probably obvious.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HP 1000 network Raspian and Arch
Posted by: rickrich ()
Date: March 23, 2017 08:31PM

My drivers don't need a "plugin". They are open source.

HP LaserJet 1000 Foomatic/foo2zjs (recommended)

The PPD is in foo2zjs/PPD/HP-LaserJet_1000.ppd, but it gets installed.

$ make
$ ./getweb 1000 #Important!
$ su
# make install

Only HP's hplib is closed source and requires a "plugin".

Date: March 24, 2017 12:01AM

Thank you so much. I had done all those things, yet it gave me the wrong driver; so I went into printer maintenance and pointed to the correct PPD file. Now the job is making it over to the Raspberry Pi. It's giving me a filter error there however. Still it's progress. ;) Thank you again.

Date: March 25, 2017 09:37AM

I reinstalled it, and it's working! Thanks again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.